I had initially planned to begin implementing the 3D case this week. But I wanted closure for the 2D case. Currently there is no support for implicit intersections for polygons. One could make the failing tests pass by not raising an error when such a polygon is encountered, but obviously that wouldn’t be a good… Continue reading Week 7 Report(July 11 – July 17) : Implicit Intersections
I finished the 2D implementation this week. I’m very thankful to Gaurav Dhingra(a fellow senior GSoC student) for taking the time to review the pull request and suggest some really good changes. This is the link to it –> #12673. The last issue with the 2D case was the case of implicit intersecting polygons not… Continue reading Week 6 Report(July 4 – July 11) : 2D complete, time to begin 3D
Note : If you’re viewing this on Planet SymPy and the Latex looks weird view it on WordPress instead. Unfortunately the dynamic algorithm was much faster only on a regular hexagon. Why that particular figure ? The reason still eludes me. But I did use the same idea to implement the multiple polynomial case. That… Continue reading Week 5 Report(June 25 – July 3) : Finalizing 2D case.
Note : If you’re viewing this on Planet SymPy and Latex looks weird, go to the WordPress site instead. Prof. Sukumar came up with the following optimization idea : Consider equation 10 in Chin et. al . The integral of the inner product of the gradient of and need not be always re-calculated. This is… Continue reading Week 4 Report(June 18 – 24) : Dynamic Programming
Ondrej and Prof.Sukumar were quite busy this week, but eventually they reviewed both the notebook and code. Their review was quite insightful as it brought to surface one major optimization problem which I’ll discuss below. I also encountered a major issue with the already defined Polygon class. Firstly, there were some minor issues : I… Continue reading Week 3 Report(June 11 – 17): Implementing suggestions
Note : If you’re viewing this on Planet SymPy and Latex looks weird, go to the WordPress site instead. The 2D use case works perfectly although there are limitations. The current API and method-wise limitations are discussed here. That lone failing test was caused due to typecasting a Python set object to a list. Sets… Continue reading Week 2 Report(June 3 – June 10) : Working Prototype, Improving functionality.
As per the timeline, I spent the week writing a prototype for the 2D use case. Here is the current status of the implementation. At the time of writing this blog post, the prototype mostly works but fails for one of the test cases. I haven’t used a debugger on it yet but will get… Continue reading Week 1 Report(May 24 – June 2) : The 2D prototype